Saturday, October 11, 2008

get out the vote.

While I realize these are meant to be designed for a 1024 screen, I also wanted to make them somewhat snazzy for larger screens too. Anyway, here are the original three, minus the secondary pages since they aren't TOO much different. I really wanted to make 3 very different designs. So here we go.


Design 1

Well this is pretty much different than anything I've done before, but highly inspired by my personal blog's prototype. I wanted something a little chaotic, but not overly so. Something that could be enjoyed by the younger audience, but still be organized in a way that people could find things. Unfortunately I REALLY hate the navigation. I had no idea what to do with it. Also it still seemed so cluttered.


Design 2

A much different approach. I was told it looked too much like a news site. Well, thank you, that's what I was going for. It also apparently resembles Apple, which I guess in a way I was going for, though not apple specifically. I wanted to do something that used the trendy "I'm shiny like Vista!" Does the cliche eye candy make you hungry? Well, okay. In all honesty this design is far from my favorite. Perhaps because it is so boxed in, which I have gotten overly used to over the years.


Design 3

At this point I have wiped my brain clean of any ideas I had previously conceived. Why? They were crap, much like the last layout. I still wanted something simple, but something that had a little fluidity. I decided to go for solid colors. Friendly, functional, and doesn't kill bandwidth. I also went with tabs for the navigation which I love. This turned out to be my favorite layout of the three. But we aren't done yet...


The Reworking

Due to popular demand, I decided to work on the first one again for my final design. But because I loved my third one so much I just couldn't let it go. So, naturally, 1+3=4. I got to keep my tabs (yay) and kept the blue background that people seemed to like. I'm pretty happy with this, though it's going to be a pain in the butt to code. Oh well. If it weren't a challenge it would do me no good!

0 comments: