Sunday, October 26, 2008

film festival prototypes.

Again, I have this issue that I just NEED to make things at least have a little something for higher resolutions, so I usually do that in the form of a background image that continues on. There's not many people that use 800x600 anymore, so I do not want to limit a website to only looking good on that!


Design 1

A fun, floaty version that has plenty of space for information, clear navigation, and a clean feel. The boat stays above the page you are on. It's a marker! A friend actually helped me a little with the concept on this, especially the suggestion of using a boat in some fashion on the header (while I came up with the use of it as a marker, and she loved it). I am hoping this design isn't too girly. I was also very hesitant to use blue...but with the big emphasis on showing films across the water, I feel it can't be helped. At least this isn't SUPERMAN BLUE like my GoTV site.


Design 2

I didn't want to do a dark layout this time, but I LOOOOVE charcoal grey. So to compromise I just made the background dark and kept the content light with bold colors. I wanted to do something a bit grungy so this is the attempt. I couldn't get away from using those film strips. It gave so much more character than plain black stripes. I also for some reason (on both of these) had a great urge to use the Georgia font in places to contrast with my always using Verdana. The other font used in the logo and other buttons (again on both) is Berlin Sans.


Design 3

Blaaahhhh! This one was a bit bland for my taste once I got the content in. Oh well. Sometimes we make things we hate. Not really made for a large screen this time. Maybe that's why I don't like it!


Design 4 a/b

I think this was my favorite...and it was just an experiment! Okay, so again, I'm not diggin the blue...so I'm walking to class and I think "Oh, why not a skyline of Seattle?" I had a hard time finding an image that would be usable. After all...Seattle is so gray...all the time. So I had to fabricate the image a bit. I used a stock photo (ONOEZ) for Seattle in the day time, and a sunset photo and attempted to make a somewhat believable sunset. So I am probably going to do the sunset version of this one for my final :) It should be fun.

0 comments: